New Mexico offers a wide range of trade schools to choose from, whether you’re looking for a hands-on education in the culinary arts or you’re interested in learning the ins and outs of auto mechanics. With so many options available, it’s important to do your research to find the school that best fits your needs. Here are just a few of the trade schools that New Mexico has to offer:
The New Mexico School of Culinary Arts is one of the most highly regarded culinary schools in the state. The school offers Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree programs, as well as a 12-week certificate program. The curriculum focuses on both the technical skills and the business side of the culinary arts, and students have the opportunity to extern in some of the state’s top restaurants.
The New Mexico Institute of Automotive Technology is one of the leading auto mechanic schools in the state. The school offers°6-month certificate programs as well as 2-year Associate’s degree programs. Students receive hands-on training in all aspects of auto repair, from engine maintenance to transmission repair. The school also offers an externship program, giving students the chance to work in real auto shops before they graduate.
The New Mexico School of Construction is a great choice for students interested in a career in construction management or carpentry. The school offers 2- and 4-year degree programs, as well as a 6-month certificate program. Students receive classroom instruction as well as hands-on training in all aspects of construction, from blueprint reading to project management. The school also has an active externship program, giving students the opportunity to work with some of the state’s top construction firms.
Trade Schools in New Mexico
- Central New Mexico Community College – Albuquerque
- Pima Medical Institute – Albuquerque
- Carrington College – Albuquerque
- University of New Mexico – Albuquerque
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy – Albuquerque
- Aveda Institute – Albuquerque
- Brookline College – Albuquerque
- The Avenue Academy, A Cosmetology Institute – Albuquerque
- New Mexico State University – Main Campus – Las Cruces
- New Mexico State University – Dona Ana – Las Cruces
- Santa Fe Community College – Santa Fe
- Vogue College of Cosmetology – Santa Fe
- Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell
- San Juan College – Farmington
- Clovis Community College – Clovis
- Olympian Academy of Cosmetology – Alamogordo
- New Mexico State University – Alamogordo
- New Mexico State University – Carlsbad